- See more at: f5therefresh.blogspot.com

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Wearing your Heart on your Sleeve




I was looking for some sterling silver jewelry to go with my new black dress, but nothing in the stores at the mall caught my eye. There was something special I was looking for, something personal, that would reflect who I am and what I like. I browsed some online websites, but again, the regular run-of-the-mill items never seemed to match my taste. 

I came across TheVintage Pearl website and realized that what I really wanted was something unique, something custom. So I started browsing through the eclectic collection of hand stamped jewelry and was immediately floored by the numerous ways in which I could add a personal touch to my jewelry collection.

I finally zeroed in on a love birds necklace that has a charm of love birds on a chain. On the other charm I chose to have my spouse’s initials stamped with my own as well. Along with this, I couldn’t resist ordering leather cuffs for him with both of our names on them.

My Charm Necklace is like a part of me – I never want to leave the house without it.  Jewelry like this is perfect for so many different events and situations.  When my brother gets married next year, I’d love to order something custom for all of the bridesmaids and groomsmen, and something special just for the happy couple.  I’ve given my nieces a charm to add to their charm bracelets every year, and this year I’ll be sure to add a personalized trinket.

In a day and age where everything is mass-produced in large quantities, it is refreshing to have access to something that is unique, small batch and custom.

No comments:

Post a Comment